When you are ready to adopt a new dog, we’ll ask you to complete our friendly screening process, which ensures safe and successful adoptions!
- Fill out an Adoption Application
- The board will review it within 5 days.
- We’ll have a brief conversation with you to determine your needs and preferences, find out about your daily schedule, and talk about your previous experience with pets. (Note, you must have a fenced yard and all personal pets must be spayed/neutered)
- If applicable, we’ll call your veterinarian to ensure that previous pets have been spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and well cared for.
- For renters, we’ll check with your landlord to ensure that dogs are permitted and that the dog that you’re adopting wouldn’t violate any size or breed restrictions.
- Lastly, we’ll visit your home to see the environment where the dog will live and answer your questions. This is a great opportunity for you to get valuable input on how to integrate your new pet into your home.
- Please remember, an application does NOT guarantee an adoption.
This process typically takes a week and then you are ready to take your Dachshund home!